ss_blog_claim=ded1032afe4804d8c786343d92d4da42 Low Carb Weigh Of Life: Recommitted and Losing Again

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Recommitted and Losing Again

Hi, I had to restart the diet this week. I fell off the wagon for a couple of reasons, all of which when I look back are crazy. My friend from Indiana visited last week and I went off plan and rationalized that I would just start over when she left. I wanted the frozen drinks at Mai Tai, the fried seafood at Ocean Deck and that stupid hamburger at the pool deck of the resort. I have to learn to control my cravings better, but I have to say things have gotten better in that area. I will say that even though I ate bad stuff, I didn't eat the portion size that I would have before starting this diet. I never completely finished any of meals because I simply stopped when I got full. This wasn't something that I was able to do before, but that has definitely gotten easier.

Thursday was the Industry Recognition Luncheon, well as many of you know the fancy sit down lunches are usually a salad, entree and dessert that you have no control over. The salad was fine, it was a Caesar Salad but then the entree was brought and to my shock it was a stupid pasta dish. I could have died, I thought for sure they would do some kind of stuffed baked chicken or something and I could just eat the chicken. Well, I was wrong. It was a Chicken Parmesan(breaded) with ziti noodles and the dessert was a rich chocolate cake. I didn't eat the cake, but I was so hungry and I(well my boss) paid $40.00 for the lunch that I thought it would be totally rude not to eat at least some of it.

Anyway, so I started over yesterday and I've been doing fine so far. I'm meeting friends for dinner at Ocean Deck tonight and I am going to have grilled seafood this time and only 2 beers. I can do this! Then tomorrow will be my baking day and I will make some egg muffins and other goodies to take in my lunch this week. I love having pre-made grilled chicken in the fridge that I can just grab and throw in the microwave for a few seconds and then it's good to go. It makes it easier to stop cravings because I don't have time to think about what I am going to cook.

Well, have a great day everyone. I'll be back tomorrow to let everyone know how I do tonight. Keep your fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for getting back on track! I understand about the pressure with colleagues to want to eat what they've paid for or recommended. I ate a piece of chocolate decadent-something-over-the-top carby last week at a work gathering - because the boss' wife made it! There was no way I could turn it down!

We just need to move on - these challenges pop up and will continue to do so.

Stay the course!

Sarah