ss_blog_claim=ded1032afe4804d8c786343d92d4da42 Low Carb Weigh Of Life: Day One of My Weight Loss Journey

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Day One of My Weight Loss Journey

Well, today is Day One of my weight loss journey. In the past three years, I have been struggling with the effects of rheumatoid arthritis so over that time I have been in so much pain that it is hard for me to walk let alone exercise. I know that I should have tried harder to cut back on my eating, but the stiffer I got the more I ate. What can I say, I got fat! I guess it takes looking at myself in pictures to see how big I have gotten but now I am ready to take the next step. In the past, I tried the Atkins diet but it did not work for me. I grew up on a farm so I was raised with the idea that bread and vegetables are served at every meal, so cutting all carbs from my diet was almost impossible. After looking over the Kimkins diet, I have decided that maybe the way to go isn't No Carb, but Lo Carb. I like that I can have vegetables like lettuce and broccoli in moderation and still eat enough protein to fill me up. I have put together a shopping list from the sample diet plan, and I am going to do my best to follow it to the letter. I think I will be fine because I will be able to have enough vegetables to take care of my cravings. Wish me luck!

No comments: