ss_blog_claim=ded1032afe4804d8c786343d92d4da42 Low Carb Weigh Of Life: Baked Tilapia and Green Bean Casserole

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baked Tilapia and Green Bean Casserole

Today was my cooking day to help me get ready for the workweek ahead. I made a dish of Green Bean casserole minus the soy sauce and fried onions and a dish of baked tilapia with garlic butter sauce. Both dishes were low in fat, calories and carbs so I feel like I am on the right track.

The Green Bean Casserole had a bag of frozen green beans and a can of Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup. While the soup added a lot of taste it didn't add too many calories because when you split down the serving size, it came out to 20 calories and 2 carbs in addition to the carbs in green beans. I baked the tilapia with a butter cooking spray and herb seasoning so there weren't many additions there either. All in all it was quite yummy and very healthy. Only problem is that I'm still hungry. I don't know what it is about baked fish, but it's not very filling unless you eat a ton of it.

No comments: